Control Group (UK) Ltd gain SAFEcontractor accreditation...
Us and the environment
Control Group are industry leaders in helping to protect the environment – we have therefore taken a number of steps and initiatives as detailed below.
We currently recycle:
• 100% of paper and cardboard produced from our Archiving, Shredding and Internal Business processes through our accredited waste management supplier.
• 100% of wood and metal waste products.
• 100% of general waste arising from our office environment (paper cups, cans, bottles, etc) through local council waste collection services.
We have also taken additional steps, including:
• Fitting our buildings with lighting systems that are controlled by motion sensors to minimise usage.
• Members of our management team with accountability for Environmental polices have attended training events run by the Green Business Network (Control Group are members) and have cascaded information to all levels of the company.
• Selecting the ‘Toyota Prius’ as our company car choice.
• Investing in tracking and satellite navigation technology in all our company vehicles – allowing us to better plan and reduce mileage on the roads.
• Combining collection and delivery dates to specific areas to greater reduce visits to lesser visited areas.
• Investing in technology to provide customers with online access to our Archiving service. This allows fast and efficient access to documents and data with no need for a vehicle delivery to be made.
For the future, we are currently investigating the fitting of solar panels and wind power to our buildings to further increase energy self sufficiency.
0845 230 2485
Control Group (UK) Ltd
Reg No: 1923397